Saturday, December 4, 2010
Kickoff: 4:00 p.m.
Gates Open at 2:00 p.m.
View From Your Seat
Event Website: www.secsports.com
Got a Group? Get a Georgia Dome Party Suite just for this event!
College football fans anticipate an opportunity to see one of the best conferences in the country determine it’s champion – and we’ve got a way to sweeten the experience! Reserve your party suite today and you’re sure to provide your guests the premier experience in college football with access to this awesome event.
Contact 404.223.8200 or email email@example.com for pricing and availability.
Summary of Event
The SEC Championship Game has made its place among the "games to see" in the Southeastern Conference. The title game has provided SEC fans plenty of memories and has catapulted teams to national championships and top national finishes.
The SEC’s Eastern and Western Division winners will meet in Atlanta’s Georgia Dome to battle for the league championship and the right to represent the conference in the Bowl Championship Series.
The participants of the game are determined each year during the eight-game regular-season conference schedule as the teams with the best overall SEC winning percentage in each division.
1992 - Alabama 28, Florida 21
1993 - Florida 28, Alabama 13
1994 - Florida 24, Alabama 23
1995 - Florida 34, Arkansas 3
1996 - Florida 45, Alabama 30
1997 - Tennessee 30, Auburn 29
1998 - Tennessee 24, Miss. State 14
1999 - Alabama 34, Florida 7
2000 - Florida 28, Auburn 6
2001 - LSU 31, Tennessee 20
2002 - Georgia 30, Arkansas 3
2003 - LSU 34, Georgia 13
2004 - Auburn 38, Tennessee 28
2005 - Georgia 34, LSU 14
2006 - Florida 38, Arkansas 28
2007 - LSU 21, Tennessee 14
2008 - Florida 31, Alabama 20
2009 - Alabama 32, Florida 13
Arriving at the Dome:
• The only Georgia World Congress Center Authority owned/managed parking lots available to the public during non-Falcons games include the Green ($8), Blue ($8), Brown ($10), Orange ($10), & Yellow Lots ($8).
• The Red or International Deck ($10) and the Silver Lot ($10) are handicapped accessible.
• All lots open at 6:00 A.M.
• The Yellow Lot off of Ivan Allen Boulevard will be accessible by taking the first right traveling westbound between Marietta Street and Northside Drive.
• The Green Lot is located on Marietta Street between Andrew Young International Boulevard and Baker Street.
• The Blue lot is located off of Northside drive; across from Building C of the Georgia World Congress Center.
• The Brown, Silver & Orange lots are located off the intersections of Georgia Dome Dr. and Mangum Street.
• The Red or International Deck is located under International Plaza and can be accessed off of Mangum Street or Andrew Young International Blvd.
Leaving the Dome:
• Ivan Allen Boulevard will use all four lanes for egress from Northside Drive to Luckie Street with the far left lane being used to turn left onto Luckie Street. The remaining three lanes will lead to Williams Street with the inside and middle lanes being used as turning lanes and access to the northbound 75/85 Connector and the right lane being used for the southbound 75/85 Connector. Please note the HOV entrance from Williams Street will be used for all travelers regardless of the number of passengers in the vehicle for one hour after the ending of the event.
• Due to the Mitchell Street bridge construction project, expect delays in any parking areas within a one block radius of the Mangum Street/Mitchell Street intersection
SEC ALERTS FANS OF COUNTERFEIT TICKETS
The Southeastern Conference reminds fans to take precautions when purchasing SEC Football Championship Game tickets on the secondary market.
Tickets for the December 4th match-up between Auburn and South Carolina are sold out. With many fans obtaining tickets through various channels on the secondary market, Auburn University, the University of South Carolina and the Southeastern Conference advise buyers to beware of possible counterfeit or stolen tickets. Regrettably, any individual in possession of a counterfeit or stolen ticket will be denied access into the facility.
The SEC and the Georgia Dome will be offering a “Ticket Validation Window” at the main box office of the Georgia Dome beginning at 10:00 a.m. ET on Sat., Dec. 4. The authenticity of the ticket can be confirmed by a box office representative on site.
The SEC Football Championship Game kicks off at 4:00 p.m. ET at the Georgia Dome on Sat., Dec. 4.
Parking / MARTA
The quickest, most hassle-free ride to the Dome
MARTA train passengers are encouraged to use the Dome/Philips/GWCC station or the Vice City Station for a quick hop to and from the North, South and East lines. Fans without reserved parking are strongly encouraged to take MARTA or other regional transit to the games to avoid weekend traffic on the highways and city traffic for other downtown activities.
MARTA offers free daily parking at 21 of its stations.
MARTA Rail Access
GWCC/Philips/Dome Station (W1)
Vince City (W2)
MARTA Schedule & System Maps
- RV parking in now on sale for the yellow lot and marshalling yard. The cost per RV is $120 for duration of stay, which is from Thursday to Sunday. Please click here.
- The tow-vehicle is included in the price.
- RV's can begin arriving at 7am Thursday, December 2nd. RV's must depart by 11am on Sunday, December 5th.
GEORGIA DOME TAILGATING POLICY
All guests that desire to tailgate must observe the following guidelines. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in loss of tailgating privileges and ejection from the parking lot.
- Parking spots are for vehicles only.
- Only one (1) vehicle per space is allowed. Additional parking spaces may not be used for tents, grills, chairs or other items.
- Driving lanes must remain clear at all times. No items (coolers, tents, tables, chairs, etc.) of any kind may be placed on the ground behind, in front of or around vehicles blocking these lanes.
- Tailgating is permitted only in the grassy areas behind parking spaces. The maximum area that any single tailgate space may occupy is 9 feet wide X 12 feet deep.
- Contained barbeque grills are allowed but open-flame fires are not.
- Charcoal must be disposed of in designated coal barrels only.
- All trash must be taken to the appropriate receptacles. Trash receptacles are provided throughout the lots.
- All guests must follow the directions and instructions provided by stadium personnel (parking staff, security, police, etc.)
PROHIBITED ITEMS & ACTIVITIES
Please be aware that fans are subject to citations or arrest if found in possession of, or participating in the following:
- Sales or distribution of food, beverages and products.
- Blocking of sidewalks and handicap-accessible spaces.
- Unauthorized use of stadium property.
- Unauthorized vehicles such as Go-carts and mini-bikes.
- Saving or blocking parking spaces.
- Open-Flame fires.
- Deep fryers or any oil-based cooking or frying.
- Amplified sound systems or the use of radios/audio devices at loud levels.